Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sunlight in the Dark

Sometimes I'm afraid of the dark. 

Sometimes I'm not.

It's odd, I know.

So, lately it has been bothersome.  As I was working on some other things, I was offered the opportunity, and decided to try a bit of guided visualization.  The imagery that I am holding is very intense, and I want to remember it.  So here goes...

I have a special "place" that is mine, wthin.  It's sacred.  It's safe.  It looks like a forest glade. :) 

So, I went to my place and found a sunny spot, a big flat table of stone larger than the footprint of my little house, and soaked in the sunlight until I was saturated with it.  Filled with it. 

Then I went searching my place until I found an opening into the night sky full of stars.  It was like an alcove shaped like a half dome.  The dome had giant doors like an observatory that slid open exposing the night and stars.  Don't ask me how it is possible to have half of an observatory dome in a sun-speckled forest glade that opens out onto a night sky - lol.  Even in my visualization, I could not escape a wisp of humor at the impossibility of it.

I stepped into the alcove and slid open the giant doors and looked out upon the night sky.  I was a star now filled with sunlight, starlight, invited to find and take my place in that night sky - my home in that night sky. 
I stood within my sun-speckled glade, looked through the opening and could not find a place that was mine within that darkness.   I commented on this.  I believe I said it had been stolen.  I did not go through the door.

Take it back.  Take my place back.  My place knows me and would call to me and couldn't be hidden from me.  Within a moment, I had climbed out into the stars and found it.  It was guarded by darkness, inhabited by something foul.  It was not easy to reclaim, but it was not hard either.  It was a battle with a dark iron-clawed thing to free the place.  When it was mine again, it was like a high seat of warm stone on a mountain in the night sky.  I sat on that place of sun-warmed stone in th darkness and brightness of the starry night.  And my brightness was there also.

After, I saw myself as a brightness within a rich brocade tent.  The dark clawed thing had torn rents in the tent walls.  The wind howled around, and the tent felt less sheltered because of the rents. 
Yet it stood firm.  The light within was undimmed.  Strange images. 

Returning, I felt like I had traveled a long long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment